As has become the norm, a day or two before a UFC show a bunch of quotes are sent out, ostensibly for journalists to insert and pretend it’s all organic.
I’ve tended to take them out of context and frame the answers around childish questions to make it sound like guys are … well, usually gay. I tend to go homophobic with the humor.
Not this time around. Nope. I’m just gonna let you see the quotes as is so you can understand why I do what I do. Plus, I’m lazy and there isn’t much to work with here.
John Lineker – “I am a fan of John Dodson! I will try not to hurt him too bad.”
John Dodson – “The fight against Lineker is going to be one-sided, me moving around and hitting him a lot and Lineker is going to be swinging and missing. Poor dude. I’m going to knock him out, hopefully in the first round. If it goes any longer than that, he’s going to get really tired and it’s going to be a really boring fight.”
Will Brooks – “This fight with Alex will play out the same way it usually does for me. I’m going to go out there and out class him in every aspect of MMA and keep my winning streak going. He’s very loose and athletic when he competes, so that poses a few threats because you never know what he’ll do next. But, it’s also a weakness because he doesn’t fight with a plan or a purpose. After I win this fight, I’m looking to the winner of the (Michael) Johnson vs. Khabib fight. If I don’t get that fight, I’ll just look for anyone at the front of the line.”
Alex Oliveira – “He (Brooks) will try to grab me, but I am not going to let him. I will knock him out. I am sure that Will is trying to establish himself in the UFC, but it won’t be off of beating me.”
UFC PORTLANDIA CARD
- Kelly Faszholz vs. Ketlen Vieira – Women’s Bantamweight
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Cody East – Heavyweight
- Jonathan Wilson vs. Ion Cutelaba – Light Heavyweight
- Tamdan McCrory vs. Nate Marquardt – Middleweight
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Keita Nakamura – Welterweight
- Walt Harris vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov – Heavyweight
- Hacran Dias vs. Andre Fili – Featherweight
- Luis Henrique da Silva vs. Joachim Christensen – Light Heavyweight
- Joshua Burkman vs. Zak Ottow – Lightweight
- Louis Smolka vs.
Sergio PettisBrandon Moreno – Flyweight
- Will Brooks vs. Alex Oliveira – Lightweight
- John Lineker vs. John Dodson – Bantamweight