The Ronda Rousey saga continues, as it must. First, though, a quick aside: LOL at the media complaining that she won’t give them interviews. Most of you are barely able to properly read and write, let alone report accurately. You’re a joke. You suck. Yes, all of you. Not us, because I’m not using a royal “you.” If there even is such a thing, that is.
Now then. Ronda has been given the week off from all media obligations. She negotiated it, she got it, good for her. Wouldn’t you like to shirk some of your duties at work just because you can? Of course you would. Today, though, brings a new rumor. It’s only a rumor so far but it fits the narrative so let’s run with it.
So the story goes, Rousey now won’t be attending the ceremonial weigh ins. No fake naked dog and pony show from Ronda. Further, she’s saying she’ll only weigh in when there are no cameras present – and possibly no press. I could see the no camera thing happening but no press is iffy. It’s important as far as transparency is concerned that the public, in some form, be able to see weigh ins. It prevents possible favoritism. But again, if she can make it happen and thinks it’ll make her a better fighter, that’s all on her. (Update: and she can’t make this happen – told ya)
To the UFC’s credit, they’ve been very fair so far in that Amanda Nunes – you know, the actual champion – has been excused of all her obligations as well. Though she has showed up on the Embedded series so maybe not. Or maybe she’s just nice. Or maybe some of that was filmed before this week started. Or maybe the UFC hates gay people.
- Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Ronda Rousey – UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship
- Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Cody Garbrandt – UFC Bantamweight Championship
- Fabrício Werdum vs.
Cain Velasquez– Heavyweight
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. John Lineker – Bantamweight
- Johny Hendricks vs. Neil Magny – Welterweight
- Dong Hyun Kim vs. Tarec Saffiedine – Welterweight
- Mike Pyle vs. Alex Garcia – Weltertweight
- Louis Smolka vs. Ray Borg – Flyweight
- Tim Means vs. Alex Oliveira – Welterweight
- Antônio Carlos Júnior vs. Marvin Vettori – Middleweight
- Brandon Thatch vs. Niko Price – Welterweight
Cool UFC 207 Products for Sale