Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Rest Belt, America
With Saturday bringing us some fun in the city that smells of sulfur and regret. Pittsburgh, that formerly proud of its industry and might, buildings that were once strong brick and steel, clean to the touch, are now cracked, crumbling, and dangerous. Hope exists, but only so far as the jailers of globalization use it to keep the people from rising up. The massive bridges that adorn the skyline are far more worn on the side leaving than entering.
It’s also where Luke Rockhold will fight David Branch, a fight no one cares about! Many years ago, in a fight people did care about, Rockhold fought Chris Weidman. Weidman was the UFC’s Middleweight Champion. He’d made easy work of the greatest dick pill user of all time, Anderson Silva, the lesser dick pill using Lyoto Machida, and was keen to add Rockhold’s name to his resume. It was not to be. Rockhold crossed the rubicon and defined his career with one word: CHAMPION.
Let’s all relive that fight, through the UFC’s retrospective feature series, FIGHT PASS TWENTY/20, from their Fight Pass service, and see what the two men have to say.
That time Luke Rockhold beat up Chris Weidman [VIDEO]
UFC PITTSBURGH CARD
- Middleweight Luke Rockhold vs. David Branch
- Welterweight Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
- Middleweight Hector Lombard vs. Anthony Smith
- Lightweight Gregor Gillespie vs. Jason Gonzalez
- Welterweight Kamaru Usman vs. Sérgio Moraes
- Heavyweight Justin Ledet vs. Dmitriy Sosnovskiy
- Lightweight Tony Martin vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
- Heavyweight Anthony Hamilton vs. Daniel Spitz
- Middleweight Krzysztof Jotko vs. Uriah Hall
- Bantamweight Luke Sanders vs. Felipe Arantes
- Lightweight Jason Saggo vs. Gilbert Burns