Brooklyn, New York City, New York State, United States of America
The UFC has wagged its finger at Conor McGregor and said he’s not allowed at the show tomorrow night, so you know that means he’s totally gonna try something.
- Lobov has been pulled.
- Ray Borg is out because he has glass in his eye because holy fuck.
- Chiesa is down, also due to glass related injuries.
A decision was made by the New York State Athletic Commission to pull me from UFC 223. I’m devastated to say the least. @Showtimepettis I hope to run this match up ASAP, June 9th in your backyard. That’s all I have to say for now. Much love.
— Michael Chiesa (@MikeMav22) April 6, 2018
Conor is a hurricane of attention and everyone will cry about this and I get why but when it’s him and Khabib in 6 months it’ll do 2 million buys and this will be part of the reason.
Oh, and rumors were that Conor is wanted by the police. That’s not confirmed but it sounds good so let’s roll with it.
This is the full statement put out by the UFC:
During today’s media event at Barclays Center to promote UFC 223: Khabib vs. Holloway, Conor McGregor and Artem Lobov entered the building accompanied by over a dozen individuals.
The group, which included McGregor and Lobov, vandalized the vehicle that contained a number of athletes competing at the event taking place this weekend. NYPD was immediately alerted and is currently in the process of investigating the situation. UFC is working very closely with the New York Athletic Commission, Barclays Center security and law enforcement authorities. All parties are working together to ensure the highest standard of proper safety precautions are implemented to protect the fans and athletes.
The organization deems today’s disruption completely unacceptable and is currently working on the consequences that will follow. Immediately, Lobov has been removed from this weekend’s card and individuals involved in the incident are not welcome at tomorrow’s ceremonial weigh-in or Saturday’s event at Barclays Center.
Conor McGregor Surrenders to Police in New York After Bus Attack https://t.co/LXz3XYySmA
— TMZ (@TMZ) April 6, 2018
- Lightweight Max Holloway vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Women’s Strawweight Rose Namajunas (c) vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
- Featherweight Calvin Kattar vs. Renato Moicano
- Lightweight Michael Chiesa vs. Anthony Pettis
- Lightweight Al Iaquinta vs. Paul Felder
- Women’s Strawweight Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Felice Herrig
- Flyweight Ray Borg vs. Brandon Moreno
- Lightweight Joe Lauzon vs. Chris Gruetzemacher
- Lightweight Evan Dunham vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
- Featherweight Alex Caceres vs. Artem Lobov
- Women’s Flyweight Bec Rawlings vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith
- Light Heavyweight Devin Clark vs. Mike Rodriguez
- Featherweight Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Kyle Bochniak
BUY COOL UFC 223 SHIT