Once upon a time, Jorge Masvidal beat the holy living shit out of Donald Cerrone. The one time lightweight battered the other one time lightweight and thus jumped up the welterweight rankings.
Masvidal then invoked Highlander Rules, as his victory allowed him to take Cerrone’s place in the world, as he is now the small dude who is kicking the ass of bigger dudes.
Then, Jorge decided to swing his dick around, as one with a big swinging dick does, and demanded a challenge. He even said he’d bet Dana White $200,000 that White couldn’t find anyone who could beat him.
He gets his wish, as he’ll fight the anaconda-like Demian Maia, the same Maia who made Carlos Condit once look like he didn’t belong inside a cage.
Good on Masvidal, as he’s in that rare position where a win maybe kinda possibly gets you a title shot. At one time, I would’ve figured it a lock he gets one (Maia would for sure). Then: Georges St. Pierre returned to the UFC and who knows, because obviously GSP for the belt makes sense and is a big draw and all that jazz.
Maia and Masvidal will headline the UFC Nashville show, which was previously headlined by Cub Swanson vs Conor McGregor’s Friend. This is the tentative card now for that show. I’d watch that for free.
UFC Nashville Card
- Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Cub Swanson vs. Artem Lobov
- Hector Sandoval vs. Matt Schnell
- Brandon Moreno vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Sam Alvey vs. Thales Leites
- Jessica Penne vs. Danielle Taylor
- Al Iaquinta vs. Diego Sanchez
- Scott Holtzman vs. Michael McBride
- Cindy Dandois vs. Alexis Davis
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Ovince Saint Preux