Johny Hendricks can’t make weight. His fight with Tyron Woodley, which served as the semi-main event for tomorrow’s UFC 192, has been canceled (duh). Hendricks has had weight issues in the past, and often seemed near death’s door at weigh ins. But he always made weight. Not this time.
This time he was RUSHED to the hospital last night. Well, of course he was rushed. Does anyone go to the hospital for an emergency in a lackadaisical manner? Anyways. Dana White himself – who is still bald – tweeted that ol Johny passed out and such stuff, hence the visit to the hospital.
For a guy who has talked shit, complained he should have gotten a title shot, whined and cried, boy does Hendricks look stupid now. They should have him fight Gastelum in a “show up at whatever weight you want” catch weight bout.
This is does suck as him and T-Bone was a damn high quality fight. Thanks for robbing us of that, John John.
(Btw, I’m assuming he’s actually going to be alright, hence the tone of this. If he isn’t … I’m an asshole.)
UFC 192 FULL CARD
- Daniel Cormier vs. Alexander Gustafsson for the “legit” UFC LightHeavyweight title
Johny Hendricks vs. Tyron Woodley
- Ryan Bader vs. Rashad Evans
- Shawn Jordan vs. Ruslan Magomedov
- Jessica Eye vs. Julianna Pena
- Ali Bagautinov vs. Joseph Benavidez
- Daniel Hooker vs. Yair Rodriguez
- Angela Hill vs. Rose Namajunas
- Alan Jouban vs. Albert Tumenov
- Islam Makhachev vs. Adriano Martins
- Chris Cariaso vs. Sergio Pettis
- Derrick Lewis vs. Viktor Pesta
- Sage Northcutt vs. Francisco Trevino